[pt 2 in a series]
In Part one of our series
"5 steps to preventing type 2 diabetes"
Tuning up your diet-
The beverages we consume
during the day and at mealtimes- can have alot of added sugar, or in the example of dairy milk, also contain, hormones, and cholesterol.
Did you try the recipe included in part one? I love it because it can:
- Save you hundreds a year on your grocery bill
- it’s easy to make
- filled with vitamins and has
This week, we are focusing on step 2 in the series- 5 steps to preventing type 2 diabetes.
Control Your Weight:
- · The
#1 cause of type 2 diabetes is being over weight.
increase the chances of type 2 diabetes 7 times if you are overweight
overweight is defined as having a body mass index of less than 25
There are a variety of factors to consider when controlling
your weight, your current body composition, and your energy balance, which is:
- Consume nutrient dense food
- In appropriately sized servings
- Timed throughout the day
Tip: To insure you are meeting your nutritional needs and goals schedule your nutritional fitness assessment from a certified professional who can
help safely establish a baseline,
and help you with planning and resources to have restored health, and success
with weight loss. Get started now!
* FuelingYou members also get access to a tons of recipes and fueling you food tips like this this anti-oxident filled recipe:
It's Springtime! F
resh veggies filled with immune building anti-oxidants are in our farmers markets and grocery stores. Enjoy this great salad, that you can have as a side dish or bring to your next Bar- BQ!
|Courtesy of http://dineanddish.net|
A simple and delicious
bell pepper salad is a great salad to bring to your next picnic or barbecue!
1 Red Bell Pepper, coarsely chopped
2 Yellow Bell Peppers, coarsely chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
ounce bottle Homa-Made Italian Salad Dressing*
12 oz Extra virgin Olive
2 cloves of garlic
(peeled, smashed, and diced)
dried Basil, Oregano, and
cumin in equal 1/2 tsp
1. In a small mixing bowl whisk together all dressing
2. Place chopped bell peppers and cherry tomatoes in a
3. Pour Homa-Made salad dressing over the pepper / tomato
Cover bowl and place in the
refrigerator overnight, for best results!
Stay tuned for the rest of this series:
Purchase the entire e-program, or send this link to someone who you think will benefit from the nutritional information:
" 5 steps to preventing type 2 diabetes"-
You get facts based on studies from leading universities
- The complete article Fueling You's "5 steps to prevent Type 2 diabetes"-has actions for each step.
- Recipes & tips to help restore your health and save your grocery budget
- $10.00 discount you can use for a FuelingYou 6 week program or combo purchases
References for this article:
Labels: bell pepper salad, fueling you, http://dineanddish.net, type 2 diabetes