FuelingYou ® Fitness Nutrition is composed of 3 equally
1. Nutrition: A Nutritional foundation which provides the literal seeds and produces products from the seeds which we consume for fuel.
2. Physical: your level of fitness to accomplish daily tasks, performance goals, recreational or competitive.
3. Mental/ Spiritual- Your individual belief system holds it all together, and act as our inner compass and command center continuing to propel us forward.
Like an equilateral triangle, each side is equally important and depends upon the other to
remain balanced. If one side is neglected, then it becomes smaller on one side-
which will cause the triangle to collapse on itself. FuelingYou Fitness Nutrition helps you with assessment, awareness, and tools to help you improve how you feel.
With services that provide a balance of Nutrition, Physical, and Mental /
Spiritual learning to help you achieve focus, productivity and balance as you achieve your goals which we help you clarify, define, and manage.
- Learn tips on how to use whole natural food as fuel.
- Motivate and have long term success
- Improve your team's competitive ranking- with sports specific training
- Learn ways to navigate your community grocery store w/ Recipes (group grocery tour)
BE THE GARDEN RECIPE:
Cool winter weather is the perfect time to mix together nutrient dense foods, in fun combinations to beat the chill. Instead of another soup or chili recipe, experiment with a variety of rich creamy winter squashes and sweet potatoes to bring your wilted greens to life in a warm salad- (Modified from All Recipes.com)
- 2 medium delicata squash (approx 1lb), sliced in half and seeded
- 1lb sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into quarters then 1/2 the quarters.
- 1 cup Dino Kale, washed and chopped into 1″ ribbons
- 1 medium leek, halved and chopped (white part only)
- 4 cloves of garlic, Mashed w/ knife blade then minced
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, washed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut delicata squash into ½” slices and arrange in a large baking dish
- Toss squash, leeks and potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, until slightly crispy
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and rosemary
- Remove squash/potatoes from the oven
- In the roasting pan, toss the kale and radicchio with the squash and potatoes
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss thoroughly
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. The heat will wilt the greens
- Serve with fresh pepper and a lemon wedge
Labels: #FuelingYou, delicata, Fitness Nutrition, kale, recipe, sweet potatoe